Bên cạnh việc hiểu lý thuyết, thực hành thường xuyên bài tập mệnh đề quan hệ (relative clauses) sẽ giúp bạn nắm vững chủ điểm ngữ pháp này hơn nữa. Đây cũng chính là cấu trúc câu thường xuyên xuất hiện trong các bài thi quan trọng như thi THPT, IELTS, SAT...
Trước tiên, hãy cùng ôn lại lý thuyết của chủ điểm ngữ pháp mệnh đề quan hệ (relative clauses) nhé!
Cùng ôn lại cấu trúc câu này với những bài tập dưới đây nhé!
EXERCISE 1: Make one sentence from the two short ones:
1. She worked for a man. The man used to be an athlete. _______________________________________________________________
2. They called a lawyer. The lawyer lived nearby. _______________________________________________________________
3. I sent an email to my brother. My brother lives in Australia. _______________________________________________________________
4. The customer liked the waitress. The waitress was very friendly. _______________________________________________________________
5. We broke the computer. The computer belonged to my father. _______________________________________________________________
6. I dropped a glass. The glass was new.
7. She loves books. The books have happy endings. _______________________________________________________________
8. They live in a city. The city is in the north of England. _______________________________________________________________
9. The man is in the garden. The man is wearing a blue jumper. _______________________________________________________________
10. The girl works in a bank. The girl is from India. _______________________________________________________________
11. My sister has three children. My sister lives in Australia. _______________________________________________________________
12. The waiter was rude. The waiter was wearing a blue shirt. _______________________________________________________________
13. The money is in the kitchen. The money belongs to John. _______________________________________________________________
14. The table got broken. The table was my grandmother’s. _______________________________________________________________
15. The television was stolen. The television was bought 20 years ago.
16. The fruit is on the table. The fruit isn’t fresh.
17. We ate the fruit. I bought the fruit.
18. She bought the computer. Her brother had recommended the computer. _______________________________________________________________
19. He lost the money. I had given him the money. _______________________________________________________________
20. We called the taxi company. Julie often uses the taxi company. _______________________________________________________________
21. John met a girl. I used to employ the girl. _______________________________________________________________
22. Lucy called the doctor. My mother knows the doctor. _______________________________________________________________
23. He brought a woman. I used to often meet the woman . _______________________________________________________________
24. We employed the lawyer. Julie recommended the lawyer. _______________________________________________________________
25. The fruit is on the table. I bought the fruit. _______________________________________________________________
26. The wallet belongs to John. Lucy found the wallet in the garden. _______________________________________________________________
27. The food was delicious. David cooked the food. _______________________________________________________________
28. The car was stolen. My father gave me the car. _______________________________________________________________
29. The man was arrested. I reported the man to the police. _______________________________________________________________
30. The doctor was right. Lucy asked the doctor about her problem.
31. The waitress was very pretty. My brother dated the waitress.
32. The secretary is in the office. The boss likes the secretary.
EXERCISE 2: Choose the correct response to complete each relative clause:
1. The man _______ was speaking to us was very tall.
2. The woman _______ bought the dress did not speak English.
3. The people _______ flight was cancelled were upset.
4. Do you know anyone _______ speaks Japanese?
B. that or which
C. that or who
5. The guy _______ was very friendly.
A. that I met
B. I met
C. either A or B
6. The man _______ car we bought was from Texas.
C. either A or B
7. That's the cat _______ we saw yesterday.
B. either A or C
8. Can you see the man _______ is sitting at that table?
9. Do you know the name of the artist _______ painted this portrait?
10. What's the name of that guy _______ party we went to last week?
11. February, which is the second month of the year, is the month _______ many of my colleagues take vacation for skiing.
A. which B. when C. in which D. where
12. The dress _______ the movie star is wearing weighs about fifty pounds.
A. whom B. that C. why D. which
13. Playing fetch, our dogs, ran after the tennis ball _______ bounced across the kitchen floor.
A. that B. whose C. which D. who
14. The old words you see on the board, most _______ were becoming obsolete, are now trending again.
A. where B. of which C. at which D. that
15. The family _______ house was decorated the most beautifully for the holidays will receive a trophy.
A. which B. whose C. whom D. why
Xem thêm: Đáp án bài tập mệnh đề quan hệ (relative clause) TẠI ĐÂY.
Theo Kênh Tuyển Sinh tổng hợp